Water, Water Everywhere, and Not A Drop To Drink!
A necessary companion to summertime pool parties, cookouts and dinners al fresco is the perfect summer drink. We at Swimwear Boutique have compiled a list of popular beach drink recipes, as well as some our summertime favorites. Raise your glasses for refreshing summer libations!
1. Caipirinha-This Brazilian beverage is made from a type of sugarcane rum called Cachaca, and is similar to a mojito. Muddle quartered limes, mint leaves and sugar together and then top with crushed ice and Cachaca and enjoy! For real authenticity, imbibe your Caipirinha in your new swimsuit by Brazilian swimwear line DiNeila.
2. Pink Lemonade-No, this one’s not for the kids! Find yourself some delicious Dragonberry rum, and add lemonade and cranberry juice to your personal taste. Top with a cherry and you have a sweet treat to enjoy while you lay out. This one’s a new personal favorite, so I’ll vouch for its tastiness.
3. Piña Colada-While you do run the risk of getting the Jimmy Buffett cover stuck in your head, this tasty frozen drink definitely makes up for it.
1.5 oz. of light rum
2 oz. pineapple juice,
1 oz. cream of coconut,
1/2 a banana
1/2 cup of crushed ice
Blend for about 20 seconds.
Garnish with a pineapple or a cherry and cool down with this dessert-in-a-glass.
4. Mai Tai- Whether you’re walking along the beach of your exclusive Hawaiian resort, or relaxing on the patio, why not enjoy this Polynesian summer must-have? The Mai Tai has made it onto numerous Beach Drink top ten lists, so you’ll be in good company.
1 oz. Light Rum
1 oz. Dark Rum
1 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 oz. Grenadine
1/2 oz. Lime Juice
1/2 oz. Orgreat Syrup
Combine these ingredients in a shaker and pour on the rocks. Garnish with a cherry and a little pink umbrella for the ultimate resort feel.
5. Sangria- My personal favorite and personal recipe! This peach sangria goes with dinner or is great out on a boat or by the pool. The reason it’s great for the pool or beach is that you can make a nice, large pitcher to share and the longer it sits, the tastier it gets. Within reason, of course.
A bottle of white wine (Doesn’t need to be anything expensive)
½ cup of peach schnapps
½ cup triple sec
Chop 3 peaches, 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 lime
Squeeze the juice from these and then add them in.
If you can, let this all sit in the fridge anywhere from 1 hour to 1 day, but this step isn’t essential.
When ready to serve, add in 7 Up, or Diet 7 Up until your pitcher is full
As an added bonus, when the sangria runs out, the fruit makes a delicious fruit salad. Just don’t give it to the kids.
Water, Water Everywhere, and Not A Drop To Drink!,