A Sunny Outlook On Skin Protection
Here at Swimwear Boutique, we are all about enjoying the sun and surf in fashionable swimwear. We’re also big fans of doing so safely and in a way that will keep us looking fabulous for years to come. Ladies, you know what I’m talking about–sun protection!
You want to look good in your new designer bikini (from www.swimwearboutique.com, right?) and catch some color and vitamin D (Maybe while sporting Vitamin A?). But your skin is beautiful, and you want to keep it that way for years to come, so how to enjoy the sunshine and keep it safe?
Nothing to worry about, we have answers.
Let’s talk sunscreen/sunblock-
- Wear it. We’re not kidding. Okay, so maybe we can do a little better than that! When it comes to sunscreen, always use something SPF15 or higher, depending on your sensitivity to the sun. Remember to reapply sunscreen at least every two hours–more often if you are splashing around in the water, or sweating it out on the sand volleyball court. Wearing a waterproof sunscreen will minimize the number of times you need to reapply, but every two hours is the limit you should go before reapplying. Speaking from ouchy sunburnt experience, you’ll pay for neglecting to do so!
- There is a difference between sunblock and sunscreen and how one applies it. Sunscreen needs to be applied 30 minutes before going into the sun or water, so that the compound that prevents damage from UV rays has time to sink into your skin. Sunblock blocks these harmful rays entirely, and starts working the second you rub it into your skin, but you still need to reapply.
- To learn more about what SPF to use and how long it will last, check out SPF Math at gosunsmart.org.
Your eyes are beautiful, so let’s protect them-
- Sunglasses and hats aren’t just fashion statements, although they can be a fabulous addition to your swimwear ensemble. UV rays can hurt your eyes just like your skin, so really accessorizing is necessary spending! This Helen Kaminski hat or this adorable Maaji creation is a medical expense.
Gentle Skincare Protection-
- Most skincare products now include a gentle SPF. Go ahead and Google “Skincare products with SPF”. See all the results? All the major skincare lines, and the majority of moisturizers, makeup, etc. offer something with SPF. Take advantage, since no one wears sunscreen every time they step outside.
Of course, beach-wise or poolside, if you aren’t looking to tan you can invest in a designer coverup. Just remember the sunscreen if you’re out in the water.
We know you’re beautiful, so let’s keep you timeless.
A Sunny Outlook On Skin Protection,